Banana bread is an absolute classic and one of my personal favourites. Better yet it’s really quick to whip up and will get rid of those over ripe bananas that have been sitting in your fruit bowl for weeks 😉
140g softened butter (make sure it’s at least room temperature so it creams with the sugar more easily)
70g caster sugar
70g soft brown sugar
2 large eggs
140g self raising flour
1tsp baking powder (it’s important it’s baking powder not bicarbonate of soda/baking soda as they work differently)
3 small bananas/2 large bananas (make sure they’re very ripe, the riper the bananas the sweeter the cake will be once baked)
1) I began by creaming together the butter and the sugar until it was light and fluffy.
2) Then It was time to add the eggs and the mashed bananas to the mixture.
3) following this it was time to add all the dry ingredients (flour and baking powder) until all the ingredients are completely combined and there are no lumps.
4) Then pour your mixture into a loaf tin and bake at 180 degrees or on gas mark 4 for about 30 minutes until a skewer comes out clean and the top of the cake is golden brown in colour.
5) Once baked allow to cool slightly in the tin (to avoid it crumbling or splitting) before removing from the tin and placing on a cooling rack (this stops the bottom getting soggy).
6) Of course the final step is to slice it up and enjoy it. ps. it tastes best when still slightly warm and fresh from the oven (top tip: you can mimic this if the banana bread has cooled completely by warming it in the oven before eating)
I hope you enjoy it and until next time byeeee 🙂